FLAWLESS - JUNE 2006 - MAURICE
1. What's your background? where are you from? how did you get that rich mulatto skin tone? My background is African-American and Egyptian. I have lived many places, but Jersey is my home. I got my skin tone from Jesus..lol...JK..I'm actually not mulatto at all and even though my ethnicity is all over the place, racially. However, I'm full fledge African-American.
2. What type of sport activities do you participate in? I'm into capoeira, track, gymnastics, and dance. Capoeira has been my new thing for almost 2 years and I can't get enough of it.
3. You have a nice physique. What do you do to keep it that way? I diet and exercise like everyone else. I know my body very well so I work out when I need to. My a dietrms and legs get too big too fast so I only do those one to two times a month. I'm actually not a gym rat. So, my routine is maybe four times a week at 45 minutes at best. I do have to keep on cardio cause I love to eat..more than anything. (Laughs)
4. Tell me about your social life. What keeps you entertained? My social life is very intertwined personally. I only have a limited amount of friends, but its always been that way. I grew up the fat kid.,, with bad acne and glasses who ate lunch alone. (Laughs). I love a good club but I really love a good movie and eating. I have a hugh DVD collection and my palette is the bomb. (Laughs again).
5. What are your thoughts on HIV/AIDS? Do you think we (as men of color) are continuing to put each other at risk? I think it is rapidly increasing by the minute. I think people have the superman complex thinking it will never happen to them. It's weird. When I hear people bring this up in public, I always wonder who has it and do they feel bad when its talked about. Kinda like when they ask who has a 100 bill in their pocket and those who have it, know they have it, know they are being talked about, but don't say anything and just think about it. If that makes any sense.
6. If you could be a superhero what powers would you possess? I would be P)hoenix (i.e. Jean Grey) minus the anomisity. Not The Phoenix from X-men The Last Stand but Phoenix from the "Phoenix Saga". (Laughs)... I told you I was a nerd at heart.
7. Tell me about an embarrassing moment that you had recently. Actually, an embarrassing moment happened recently at Miami Pride. I had to wear these revealing shorts during a fashion show.. Only my friends knew how uncomfortable I was and said I did the Bo Derek sprint a la runway..(Laughs).